I'm not all that hip to current events, I'm not all that patriotic and I'm really not all that political. But I woke up every 15-30 minutes beginning at 3am this morning with one of those feelings of what a momentus day this would be (actually similar to the feeling I get the morning I leave on a trip) actually got out of bed at 4:45 to start watching the inauguration and had to tear myself away late for work at 6:45 long enough to see him desend the stairs.
I'm fearful of the pedestal millions have placed him on and he's only served a half day of his presidency and I'm not saying he's going to miraculously change the world in a heartbeat...but I can't help it.
Obama inspires me. He makes me feel good about our country again. He moves me...and good lord is it nice to have a president who can speak clearly, sincerly, logicaly and with real words.
Happy New President Day. Lift every voice and sing...
No comments:
Post a Comment