we're cleaning out mom's office. i'll post more pictures of mom's eclectic taste, artistic style and sense of humor later...but for now, here's some proof of just how organized she really was...
Not only did she have her beads labeled in little drawers on her desk, she also had them organized by color, type and material in containers on her shelves, then within that she had the descriptions, prices and what bead shows she got them from! (Like Cincinnati '00)
Our biggest step after letting go of them emotionally was getting her beads to someone who would appreciate them...and as soon as I opened Mom's first container, I knew who to call (well 2 people actually, unfortunately Mer is in Seattle)... so while Cec and I will be selling a few of her beads at Wendy's craft fair next month, we were really really excited that Allie is into jewelry making and was really excited about the prospect of Mom's beads...in fact you should have seen her face light up when she walked into Mom's room tonight. :) Cec and I might not have the 'eye' that Mom had, but Allie has it in heaps and bounds, and it makes it so much easier letting her things go knowing that this would make Mom happy.
2 comments:
sigh. I miss mom's handwriting. =)
yeah, i had the same reaction and got all choked up when i opened the first box... actually it's one of the reasons I'm so glad Allie will be taking all the little drawers, cause she'll use it the same way mom did and so all mom's labels will stay with the beads...
Post a Comment