Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hello Again!!

Okay, I'm sorry! I'm sorry!!! I know summer is supposed to be when I have TIME to be good about my blog, but no such thing!

Left you all hanging on Day 3 of our trip with the Miyashiros...hee hee...oops, will have to get back to that, (it was a really big library?)  but here's what my summer days have been filled with.

  • Lots and lots of cooking...(my goal was a new recipe a week, but I've been doing about 3 a week!) Here are some of the pics

hee hee...can't remember what i was cooking here, but pretty with the herbs and cream right?

lavender herb salt rack of lamb for father's day

chicken salad in avocado cups

blueberry cheesecake (with strawberries) for 4th of July

crunchy pea salad (with extra extra bacon)
this isn't cooking, but my newest favorite (and maybe sort of a recipe?) fruit infused water!
  • Exercising weekly with friends (hee hee...weekly is a stretch considering I haven't been to a gym in years!) And actually we go on really nice long walks at a reasonable pace...
this is the view from our last walk
  • Frequent visits to school. BLAH. No pictures of that. But I still have so much to do from last year and have to start getting ready for next year which is a measly TWO weeks away! BOO!!

  • Picking avocados at my Aunty's house (YUMMY & buttery)

  • Trying to spend lots of time with my grandmother (who many of you know is 97 - I'm trying to get in as much Granny time as I can these days)
She would absolutely NOT approve of this picture...but had to take it because the day I met her I was wearing a white blouse, navy capris and then Aunty Nina walks in and is wearing a white blouse and dark blue pants! apparently genetics can be a very strong thing indeed...
  • Packing breakfast daily for Ryan (we've suddenly discovered papayas aren't so gross after all and even quite pleasant!)


  • And as always...lots and LOTS of home improvements projects. Although I'm not even sure you can call them really improvement projects since these were things we were supposed to have completed before we moved in!
Ryan painting the kitchen sink
 Absolutely thrilling and riveting summer I know. :) But actually it's really been quite enjoyable and one of the most busy yet peaceful summers I've had in a long time. :)

Toodle-oo for now. Gotta post again soon to show you Ryan's new toy!!! (no-no not a CAR, hello, we just bought a new HOUSE people. think on a much much smaller level) :)

love,
stace
(who by the way is back to being a pin cushion)

PS...Todd it's officially February 3rd. :) Maybe tomorrow will be the 4th?

2 comments:

Todd Light said...

Great paint color!

Unknown said...

I don't get the February 3rd comment. Kudos for finally taking on the wife role and packing breakfast for your husband! I'm so proud of you! =)

Another great recipe for "water" is if you throw in mint leaves. Delicious!