Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New home & update

So unfortunately my new home of the last 9 days has been Queen's hospital. After unexplained fevers I was checked in and have gone through to many tests, cultures and procedures to count. I have been flooded by antibiotics, poke, prodded, and then yes finally literally had the bone marrow scraped out of me.

The rather disappointing news is that I have lymphoma. I subcutaneous lymphoma. (I'm that special 1% of lymphomas that likes to be different). We have a PET scan tomorrow that will show us any other sites or rumors that it may have traveled to. (please please please no) and are anxiously awaiting the bone marrow biopsy results to see if it's in my bones. (again please please please no).

It was a rather tearful night to say the least but we've taken a deep breath and are ready to move forward. We're praying dearly for good test results tomorrow which will determine my chemo and treatment regimen.

Meanwhile the fevers persist (hence me being awake sweating copious amounts at 3:30 am). But will hopefully ease as they have me on prednisone to stop the fevers and raise my white blood cells. (which are too low to release me in public)

The family support and thoughts and prayers from friends has been amazing and so gratefully appreciated. Here's hoping for good test results tomorrow do we can squash this sucker fast. :)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I'm pretty sure all the good vibes I sent last time you asked for them are at least partially responsible for those two beautiful little boys of yours. So, I feel pretty good about what I'm sending out now. I hope you can feel that, I turned the power up a little. Now, go get better, those babies need a healthy mama!!