Operation Pick-up/Put-down is now in effect.
Aunty Cecily is gone. Daniel doesn't have a cold (although is teething). Ryan doesn't have a cold and we are as well rested as we're going to be.
Tonight we began to reteach Daniel to sleep in his crib in the nursery.
As the 'Cry it out' Ferber method didn't prove too successful for either me or Daniel, we are trying the 'somewhat' gentler approach. The 'no cry' Pick-up/Put-down method. The theory being you can soothe and pick him up, but have to put him right back down in his crib.
Much easier on Mommy's heart. No desperate tears and wailing. Though yes, quite a bit of grumbly and frustrated crying every time he was put back and not given his way.
BUT it was only 40 minutes. 40 minutes and 48 pick ups. (at 32 my back started to hurt)
I'm anticipating a longer struggle tomorrow, and apparently this can take up to 3 weeks all told, but I think (says Mommy on night one - before the mid-night episode) this I can handle. (Well emotionally - we'll see about my back)
Sorry Daniel, we've loved cuddling and sleeping with you, but it's back to the crib you go. :)
1 comment:
Hurray hurray! I meant to text you to find out how it went!
Post a Comment