Rye and I are walking through the market this weekend, just having put kale, cabbage and onions in our basket. Mind you these are not only VEGETABLES, but ones that Rye up till last week did NOT prefer....as we're talking about this and laughing, he suddenly says, "THAT'S why it's snowing and hailing in late April! It's finally happened!" and I said, "Hunh? What's happened?" and he says, "Hell's frozen over!!"
hee hee...which is actually quite true. We had vegetable quesadillas last night (which were surprisingly yummy) and today he made vegetable risotto. All being made by the boy who originally INSISTED that salad and soup did NOT make a meal, and used to ask, "Where's the Meat?!!" :)
3 comments:
Apparently that's not good enough for my mother who thinks that risotto is bad for you even though it came from Betty Crocker's Low Fat Low Cholesterol Cookbook. (Yes, I really do have one of those.) Stace is right about the kale, though. Until yesterday, I thought kale looked like bok choy. =)
Kale is GREAT! You should really sign up for Pioneer Organics. It makes cooking so much more enjoyable!
ps..... you look haole in your tulip picture. I didn't think it was you at first. =) must be in the northwest for too long. good thing you're going back home. =)
Post a Comment