Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thank You

Although I know I've mentioned my appreciation here and there, I wanted to take a whole post to REALLY express how thankful we are for the support, WORK and dedication of our family and friends.

I had no idea what we were getting into when we started working on our house...and it was probably a good thing, because had I known the amount of blood, sweat and tears (as Cec so nicely put it), I'm not sure I would have begun in the first place. But it was a process, and it was an enjoyable process, a bonding process, an educational process, and a process we won't ever forget. (nor i think will it ever end)

...and also a process that would have been completely unbearable, and perhaps even unachievable without the help of many of you.

So here's some pictures of my Thank Yous and what I'm grateful for...

Delivered meals, that were not only SOO yummy and way better than what Rye and I cook, they helped us keep going so we didn't expire and pass out -



(hee hee...and spoiled stacy & ryan received way more than this, but these were a couple of our delivered dinner pictures i found...even granny helped out, check out her yummy stew!)

Tireless workers...


And lastly the camaraderie and emotional support (even via e-mail or phone)...blood, sweat and tears, lots of laughter, grimaces and smiles...it all helped to make our house a home. :)

So on our last big push weekend, before the move we had our 'volunteer workers' sign our countertop base...

Thanks so much to all of you who helped to make our house a home.

With deep and sincere appreciation,
stace

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dad's countertop signing made me cry. =) But then I saw that "Bob the Builder" signed it, and I laughed. =) I'm so glad I could be a part of this amazing process!