- egg retrieval went well - YAY!!
- SIXTEEN eggs were 'sucked out' (for lack of a better term)- double YAY!!!
- Stacy's IV infiltrated and was PAINFUL, and she felt like she was run over by a truck coming out of anesthesia - BOO
- Stacy is experiencing hyperstimulation, unable to sit, stand or lay down without being uncomfortable or sore - double BOO
- Stacy talked to nurse at Pacific IVF who informed her symptoms (bloating, discomfort, weight gain, hot flashes) will continue for next 2 weeks - BOO-BLECH-BOO
- Call from the lab this morning all 16 retrieved eggs are Mature!! - YAY!!!
- Call from the lab this morning 13 eggs were fertilized successfully!!! - double triple quadruple YAY!!!
I had my time frame off a little tho. Every day the cells divide, so it's not overnight that it turns to an 8 cell embryo. Today they are 2 cells, tomorrow 4 and FRIDAY 8 cells. At which point they will miraculously biopsy 1 cell, ship it off to NJ in this fancy schmancy kit, and then we'll find out how many and which embryos are cancer free. Around this time they'll also be cooling off our little embryos (which I believe are then scientifically called blastocytes?) and freezing them until my uterus is in better shape in July.
Yay for the Easter Bunny and Fertility Fairy!!
Hopefully we'll be like little chickens sitting on a nest full of eggs!
3 comments:
Amazing, amazing, amazing!!! Go Stace! Go Ryan! Go eggs!
Good lord you always were SUCH the over achiever! What? You want 10 eggs? Well, I'll give you 16! What? You want 7 of them to be mature and fertilize successfully? I'll give you almost TWICE that amount? What? You think I'll be in pain afterwards? I'll be in TWICE the amount of pain! Oh wait... =)
That's great! I bet you are EGGstatic!
Post a Comment