Monday, August 20, 2012

Goodbye

We see Andrew for the last time today and say goodbye to him tomorrow. I know in my heart that his spirit isn't in the little body we'll see...yet I'm so filled with this overwhelming grief and sorrow it's hard to breathe...I don't want to get out of bed and face this day. I don't want to have to say goodbye. I want to whine and cry and yell and complain...but Andrew wouldn't want us to. And Daniel is sleeping quietly beside me silently trying to mend my heart that feels like it will never be whole.

I can do this. I know I can. One minute at a time. We've gotten thru one week. I will get thru this day.

(sigh) that sounded so much stronger than I feel...but I know it's true.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

You can do it, because you have to. And I'm so sorry that you have to. Sending many healing thoughts your way.

Kristie Walker said...

Sending much love to you. <3

Emerson Clan said...

Hugs and prayers!!!!

Gramma goes Blogging said...

My heart aches for you.
Love and prayers,sent from all of us in Michigan
Wanda (Dawns Mom)