Wednesday, January 12, 2011

TCM for S & R

Hmm....Haven't blogged in a while! Not that it's unusual behavior for me, but at least I have a sort of excuse. 1) Cec was in town for the break and there was lots and lots of cleaning and sorting amidst the holiday hoopla and then 2) I've been feeling low level shock through our computer for ages and we finally sent it in to get it fixed so have been without our trusty macbook for quite a while now.

Meanwhile, know some of you have been asking about how Rye and I have been doing with our acupuncture, diet...and all our Tradition Chinese Medicine treats. ;)

We continue to go regularly. Rye goes every 3 weeks and I go weekly. I LOVE my 1.25 hour sessions of massage, cupping and acupuncture!

Here's the sometimes effect of cupping...apparently to draw out the toxins:
(Usually come back from my appts with these big red marks all over my back!)

And in case anyone was wondering what a REAL black chicken looks like prior to this:

Comes....this!


And yes, as we continue our 3 cups a day of black chicken soup, we've also learned that this is quite a healthy delicacy! Even selling at some asian restaurants for $20 a bowl. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hee hee. The chicken wing/arm is throw over its heart like it just fainted. =) Thank you for not showing a picture of one of the chickens w/ its neck cut. gross...